Meet K9 Luuk, a 5-year old German Shepard who was born and raised in Slovakia. He was purchased from Vohn Licke Kennels in Denver, Indiana in November 2014, and brought to Washington state.
Luuk’s trainer and handler is Deputy Brandon McCullar with the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office. Luuk is a Patrol Generalist dog and finished his training in January 2015. He is trained to Track, Search, Locate Evidence, and be used as a Use of Force option if necessary.
Deputy McCullar and K9 Luuk have thousands of training hours together and hundreds of street deployments. They are certified as a Master Handler/K9 team with the Washington State Police Canine Association.
K9 Luuk has been serving the citizens of Snohomish County since January 2015. Since that time he has captured 68 criminal suspects.
Some of his most notable captures/evidence finds:
- Located a murder suspect who attempted to kill his grandmother (Bothell, WA 2015)
- Located 3-strike violent felon on Washington’s Most Wanted (Bothell, WA 2015)
- Located armed robbery suspect following a high speed pursuit (Seattle, WA 2015)
- Located firearm used in a murder (Lynnwood, WA 2016)
- Located knife that was used in a robbery (Snohomish, WA 2016)
- Located firearm ditched by a convicted felon running from officers (Marysville, WA 2017)
- Assisted with arrest of wanted sex offender in hiding for 3-years (Sultan, WA 2017)
NON-PROFIT BENEFICIARY: Any sales with this design will benefit Pennies for Puppies©, a 501c3 dedicated to the enhancement and expansion of the Patrol, Narcotics and Search and Rescue K-9 Units within Snohomish County, WA. This support includes, but is not limited to, K-9 safety equipment and training.